It doesn’t matter if you live in the same city or a distance away; coordinating multiple caregivers is a difficult task. You want to ensure everyone involved is on the same page with your loved one’s current condition as well as any changes. You need to make sure everyone providing caregiving knows about the medications and how they are prescribed. They need to know about upcoming appointments. In the past, communicating all the information and changes regarding your loved one’s conditions among multiple caregivers, home care agencies and doctors wasn’t easy. Today, we have apps for that.
While there are many applications available, the AARP Caregiving CareZone app provides the following features:
- Medication lists for healthcare providers. No more bringing bottles or handwritten lists, just hand the doctor your phone.
- Medication alerts to remind you what medication needs to be taken.
- Contact lists for doctors, caregivers, family, neighbors, pharmacies, insurance companies and so on.
- Journal entries to document changes so you can remember to discuss them with the doctor. Also as a way to share updates with family that may not be local.
- Calendars to keep track of appoints, medication refills, family events and so on.
- To Do lists to keep track of everything that needs to be done and assigned to other caregivers.
- Photos & Files for storing copies of advance directives, living wills, driver’s licenses, social security cards and insurance cards.
- Voice messaging to multiple people at once (for AARP members).
- Shared access of the information to other family members and caregivers
The AARP CareZone application and other caregiving apps can be found on your phone’s app store.
Approved Home Health can be an important member of your caregiving team. We provide home care assistance with personal care, including bathing, shaving, dental hygiene and dressing as well as medical home health care. Call us today at 941-870-8740 for a complimentary nursing evaluation.